University of Phoenix Senior Manager, Marketing Analytics in Phoenix, Arizona
The Senior Manager, Marketing Analytics provides leadership and direction to the marketing data and analytics team producing reporting and analysis in support of a broad range of marketing needs. Manages all aspects of data/analytical solutions development throughout the marketing department; working with both Business and Technical teams. Work with cross-functional teams and external groups to gather and document BI report and analytic requirements; lead BI technical teams to create execution strategy to design and develop BI solutions as per requirements; coordinate and execute testing/training; and develop BI solution roll-out plans for the marketing department.
Manage a small team of Analysts by providing guidance to insure appropriate intake, prioritization, and timely completion of all reporting and development tasks. Provide coaching and staff development opportunities to resolve issues and help staff improve technical skills.
Set appropriate performance expectations and review and provide feedback on goals, complete reviews and merit recommendations for all direct reports.
Collaborate with business partners to gain a full understanding of business needs, gather requirements, and suggest reporting solutions to support strategic initiatives. Manage all aspects of development from inception through delivery and customer adoption.
Translate complex reporting requests from the business into data requirements; follow up with customers as necessary to define reporting requirements; and work with developers to insure deliverables meet expectations.
Appropriately prioritize and manage a queue of reporting requests with varying deliverables and timelines to insure all customers data needs are satisfied within expected time frames.
Write complex SSIS packages to ETL data from source systems including advanced debugging/troubleshooting and advanced tuning for increased efficiency.
Develop and support advanced SSRS/Power BI and be able to translate this knowledge to developers.
Support and monitor the health of the reporting/database environments including managing risks/outages.
Identify, troubleshoot, and resolve highly complex reporting errors, application outages, and job failures.
Create project plans and lead development of advanced dashboards/scorecards to support business needs/strategy.
Has direct manager responsibility for the Marketing Analyst staff. May also direct or act as a resource for other project staff.
Perform other duties as assigned or apparent.
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Minimum of 5 years of experience working in a marketing analytics or related field
• Advanced skills leveraging marketing tools such as Adobe Analytics, DTM, etc.
• Experience with database/reporting tools (Microsoft Stack [SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, Power BI], PL/SQL)
• Degree specifically in a business or technology related field strongly preferred
• Experience managing and directing others
• Knowledge of other reporting tools, database solutions, and/or programming languages
• Thorough understanding of data warehousing industry standards and best practices
• Demonstrate an understanding of and ability to execute business operations and strategy
• Ability to translate business needs into actionable requirements for developing solutions
Job Locations US-AZ-Phoenix
Company University of Phoenix
Job Family Marketing
Virtual Eligible Yes
Requisition ID 2017-9218
Position Type Full-Time