University of Phoenix Campus College Chair, School of Business in Sacramento, California
The Sacramento area campus is looking for a dynamic business professional with leadership experience to oversee the School of Business. This position is accountable for the overall campus management of the School of Business and ensures the quality and integrity of the program at the Sacramento,CA campus and area learning centers.
We offer comprehensive benefits, including but not limited to medical, dental, vision, 401K, vacation, sick and holiday pay, tuition assistance, and continuing education opportunities among others.
Develops and maintains the quality and integrity of the College’s Programs. This position is accountable for program integrity and implementation at existing campuses, as well as new campuses and learning centers.
Represents the organization as appropriate in its relationship with the community by participating in targeted events, conferences, meetings, and workshops. This includes developing and maintaining active linkages with agencies and educational institutions to promote positive relationships and to facilitate articulation between the University’s programs and those of other institutions and/or agencies.
Assists Central Administration Academic Affairs personnel, including the Dean from the School of Business, in the development and review of curriculum as well as the assessment of student learning.
Supervises activities of Lead Faculty-Area Chairs and Lead Faculty-Instructors assigned to the College.
Participates in the selection, assessment, certification, mentoring, evaluation, and training of campus faculty. May also participate in the selection, orientation, and training of campus personnel.
Develops and maintains strong relationships by serving as a program resource for campus staff, faculty, and students, as well as a liaison to Central Administration Academic Affairs staff and the Dean of the College.
Serves as a core Administrative Faculty Member teaching 2 courses per year in the School of Business.
Monitors, reviews, and retains program-specific documents, including internship and practicum documentation when applicable.
Monitors and evaluates agencies to determine their effectiveness in providing students with appropriate and relevant experience. Provides recommendations for continued use of agencies. This includes initiating contacts with agencies to secure and update necessary affiliation agreements and appropriate student internship, practicum, and clinical placements as appropriate.
Participates in and may lead task forces and committees to represent and address academic concerns to campus management team and/or Central Administration. This may include participating in the planning, implementation, and coordination of campus and/or regional activities to maximize service quality effectiveness and efficiency.
Maintains a professional and technical knowledge of the curricula by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies. This includes maintaining a general knowledge of emerging issues and trends related to the respective campus Academic Affairs program(s).
Some travel may be required.
• Doctoral Degree in Business or closely related discipline REQUIRED.
• Five (5) years of recent leadership experience in a professional business environment or related field REQUIRED.
• Two (2) years of experience in teaching, business administration, or administration at the college/university level.
• Must be approved to teach one or more courses offered by the School of Business.
Additional Qualifications :
• Knowledge of adult education principles/practices, curriculum development, and academic content area.
• Must be able to demonstrate a high level of problem solving and decision-making abilities to respond to student and faculty issues and concerns.
• Must possess excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills to communicate with students, faculty, employees, and external parties as it relates to the management of the respective campus Academic Affairs program.
• Must possess the ability to convey a professional image, as well as effectively represent the organization as appropriate in its relationship with the community.
Company University of Phoenix
Job Family Academic Affairs
Virtual Eligible No
Requisition ID 2016-7905
Position Type Full-Time
Job Locations US - CA - Sacramento