University of Phoenix Director Alumni Engagement-Phoenix for Life in Tempe, Arizona
The Director of Alumni Engagement provides strategic leadership for the Alumni Engagement component of the Phoenix For Life program and represents the Alumni office externally to alumni and the community. The mission of the Career Services and Alumni Engagement department is to provide career growth partnership, connections and personal growth benefits to students and alumni for life.
The University of Phoenix offers students and alumni lifetime career growth partnership through the Phoenix For Life process. Career growth resources and services are embedded throughout the student experience and delivered both through online self-serve resources, as well as by student facing staff and faculty through offerings such as programming, curriculum integration, student services offerings, and career coaching. Additionally, students and alumni can utilize career planning resources, access employer contacts, apply for jobs, and connect with alumni for mentoring and job shadowing through our online careers platform PhoenixLink. Career activation does not end with the first job after graduation, however, but extends through life as the University continues to partner with our alumni by helping them determine what their next career step is, become qualified for it through lifelong learning, and connecting to it through university employer relationships and our large alumni network.
Provide input into strategic planning for the alumni engagement function. Plan and implement programs and projects that strategically engage alumni and provide tangible benefits to alumni and current students.
Deliver alumni network connections, both globally and in smaller communities, through online and in-person infrastructure.
Create and implement a comprehensive process to align, support and communicate with alumni chapters across the country.
Select, train, and manage a team of high-performing, highly engaged alumni engagement professionals
Collaborate with Academic and Operations leaders to integrate alumni engagement and interaction throughout the student experience.
Ensure accurate and complete alumni database records; manage reporting and assessment of alumni engagement processes.
Oversee related technology solutions, websites and contact strategies.
Manage budget of alumni engagement function under the direction of the VP of Career Services & Alumni Engagement.
Represent the University externally to alumni and related partners.
• Master's degree in related discipline
• Six years of experience in alumni relations with demonstrated accomplishment in fostering productive relationships with volunteers and developing volunteer leadership.
• Proven experience in obtaining and managing high level partnership relationships.
• Ability to obtain confidence and support of key university leaders
• Ability to provide staff leadership to support team/university goals and objectives
• Ability to oversee multiple tasks with attention to detail, a motivated/enthusiastic work style.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a broad range of internal and external constituents including students, employers, alumni, faculty, and staff.
• Possess a dynamic, professional demeanor with exceptional organization, written and oral communication skills.
Company University of Phoenix
Job Family Marketing
Virtual Eligible No
Requisition ID 2017-9276
Position Type Full-Time